Surfing is a great escape from the stresses of daily life. Anyone who surfs is many things but stressed. Imagine life with someone so calm that the one thing you can be sure of is that your love life is tranquil.
There is also something quite intriguing about surfers. They have unique personality combinations that you cannot find in most people. Read on and find out what common characteristics to expect from surfers. A relationship with a surfer can be a great experience. So, if you’re thinking of dating someone who happens to be a surfer, or if you are looking for a surfer to date, consider these nine things that you need to know before you ride that romance wave.
1. Surfers have a laid-back attitude. If you like to do fancy things, dating a surfer may not be for you. A surfer will not be too keen on the idea of getting dressed up and going to upscale restaurants. This might mean that you’ll have to adjust your wardrobe to include a lot of basic tees, jeans, shorts, and flip-flops, and start appreciating date at low-key places and little hole-in-the-wall restaurants.
2. Surfers are ambitious. They are always looking to be the best at what they do and try to separate themselves from the pack. You’ll also find that surfers don’t waste time sitting around and doing nothing. They are always looking to improve themselves, and they challenge themselves to be their best every day!
3. Surfers love adventure. You can be sure that you will always have a great time when you are dating a surfer. Don’t worry about the same old “dinner and a movie” dates every weekend. Use your imagination, because you never know what you’ll end up doing!
4. Surfers are early birds. People who surf wake up extremely early in the morning. That is because the wind is calmer, the beaches are deserted, and overall surfing conditions are best at dusk compared to later in the day. You may at 5 am, or even earlier when you are want to cheer her or him on while he’s riding the waves!
5. Surfers are patient. This is a characteristic that comes from learning how to surf. It takes persistence and patience to learn how to ride the waves, and they probably have had more than their fair share of wipeouts! You don’t have to worry that the person you are dating is going to be “short” with you. It takes a lot for a surfer to get agitated!
6. Surfers are in tune with nature. The ocean is their “happy place.” Surfers have a passion for the outdoors, and all their activities revolve around the weather. Because of this, they care a lot about the environment. What’s sexier than someone who loves mother earth?
7. Surfers are happy people. They are friendly and charismatic as well. It is because of the amount of time they spend in the sun that gives them their warm and cheery personality. Those characteristics are always great to have in a boyfriend or girlfriend.
8. Surfers are self-reliant. They don’t mind spending time on their own, and they love spending quality alone time with their special someone. Their ability to be independent stems from the fact that surfing is an individual sport. It is just him or her, and the surfboard against the sea.
9. Surfers are fearless. Surfers can’t be timid when they are out in the ocean maneuvering against waves. They have to learn to take chances, and this is how surfers become unafraid over time. There are only a few things if any that a surfer won’t try. You can always expect a surfer to take the initiative to make any situation more exciting!
If you want to start dating a surfer or are already dating one, you will definitely find quirks and eccentricities. But when you get to know one, you’ll learn to love all his or her idiosyncrasies. One big plus is that you get to spend as much time as you like at the beach and you’ll probably start surfing yourself.